Need to see a GP in the evening or on the weekend?
Routine and urgent evening and weekend appointments with a GP or nurse are available for all Enfield patients at one of four GP hubs by calling 111.
Appointments are available:
- Monday to Friday: 6.30pm - 8pm
- Weekends and public holidays: 8am - 8pm
You can call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency. Call 111 and speak to a highly trained adviser, supported by healthcare professionals. They will assess your symptoms and immediately direct you to the best medical care for you.
NHS 111 is a fast and easy way to get the right help and is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones. For more information visit www.nhs.uk/111 or visit NHS 111 online to find medical help near you.
The NHS App is a new, simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet. You can use the NHS App to:
- check your symptoms
- find out what to do when you need help urgently
- book and manage appointments at your GP surgery
- order repeat prescriptions
Download the NHS App from the App Store or you can get it on Google Play. For more information please visit www.nhs.uk.
NHS website is a national website that provides health advice and information www.nhs.uk.
Your local pharmacist can give you friendly expert advice about over-the-counter medicines that can help with lots of common conditions without the need for an appointment.
Walk-in services and urgent care centres
These centres treat most injuries and illnesses that are urgent but not life threatening. You don’t need to book an appointment - just turn up and you will be seen promptly by either a doctor or nurse.
- Chase Farm Urgent Care Centre, Chase Farm Hospital, The Ridgeway, Enfield, EN2 8JL. Open 8am-10pm, every day.
- Walk-In Services, Open weekends and bank holidays only from 8am to 8pm:
- Evergreen Primary Care Centre, 1 Smythe Close, Edmonton N9 0TW
- Carlton House Surgery, 28 Tenniswood Road, EN1 3LL
- Eagle House Surgery, 291 High Street, EN3 4DN
- North Middlesex Urgent Care Centre, North Middlesex Hospital, Sterling Way, Edmonton, N18 1QX. Situated in A&E and open 24 hours a day, every day.
Mental health emergency
In a mental health crisis please call 020 8702 3800.
Accident and Emergency (A&E)
For life threatening illnesses or injuries go to A&E or call 999. A&E and 999 should only be used in a critical or life threatening situation.
- North Middlesex University Hospital, Sterling Way, Edmonton, N18 1QX Tel: 020 8887 2000
- Barnet Hospital, Wellhouse Lane, Barnet, EN5 3DJ Tel: 020 8216 4600